Welcome to The Fibro Guy
Due to my own personal experience of chronic pain and years of working with those with lifelong health conditions, I know that I can support those even with the more severe mobility and health conditions; supporting people to regain a more active and pain-free lifestyle..
- Lauren, who suffers from Class 3 Ehlers-Danlos, went from dislocating multiple times a day and having practically immobile hips to surfing in Mexico and wearing high heels again
- Cheryl lost her life for over 15 years to fibromyalgia and cluster-tic; spending most of her days in bed, riddled with pain. She's now fighting back - boxing, circuit training and spending time with her family out of the house.
- Linda fell on a tent peg, injuring her coccyx and spent many months unable to walk or sleep properly. Today she is now back at work full time and practically pain free.
- Angela couldn't walk 100 metres without hip and knee pain caused by her fibromyalgia. Today she is doing shuttle runs in the gym and only suffers from very slight fatigue.
- Ellie suffered with fibromyalgia and ehlers-danlos so badly that it caused her to nearly drop out of University. After working together, she is able to get through each and every single day and is on her way to earning her degree.
The individual programme was created by myself, many years ago. Over the years, my client base has expanded and branched into many conditions, so the programme has evolved. The programme is a generic framework based on the one I used to help myself. However, it is adapted to the individual, dependent on several factors, including how they respond to the previous sessions. There is a considerable educational element to it, along with physical activity. I am not a fan of manual therapy, as it encourages people to rely on someone else to provide only temporary pain relief. So, during your time training, we will be preparing you to be able to maintain results yourself after you leave. Most people can complete the programme in 8 weeks, with many going from relying on crutches, being in constant pain and fatigue, to returning to work. If, however, you feel you would like to continue sessions after 8 weeks that is fine. There are many clients that stay for months, simply because they want to keep getting stronger or simply enjoy the sessions. Ultimately though, my aim is to get you into the studio, educate you, show you what you need to do to maintain the results we achieve together and for you to be able to go off and live your life.
Just big thank you for making the exercise DVD with FMAUK. It has helped more than you will ever know!DVD user
I came across Adam by chance while looking through FB. His blogs about Cheryl had me hooked. I called Adam and made an appointment to see him and started gentle low impact exercising the following week. I would never have thought that exercise would help pain. Adam never pushes you further than your limits, if it hurts them stop, pain is not what you are aiming for. I had been off sick from work for months when I starting seeing Adam and was starting to think I would never make it back to my job. With correcting my posture and gentle exercises I am doing great and returning to work next week. Adam is a gentle, very compassionate Person and would and already have recommend him to manyJulie Ryan
I went to see Adam after seeing him popping up on the Fibro support page. I'd been told by my pain management clinic they could no longer help. I was in a lot of upper body pain, neck, shoulders, arms, but also couldn't walk far without pain starting in hips and knees. He spotted bad posture the minute I walked through the door. It took a couple more weeks then he figured out what was going wrong with my knees and hips. The guy is a genius. He makes pain go away!Christine Pearson
I met Adam about 4 months ago. I have found his training and techniques very helpful . I am now in a position where I am able to walk/ exercise without being in pain all of which have improved my wellbeing. I would recommend Adam to anyone, he is friendly, helpful and very patient. He really understands the frustration we go through with this silent illness. Don't know what I would do without him. Thanks Adam.Angela Hymers
Frequently Asked Questions
What will the work involve? Will it be high intensity?
The programme is a generic framework based on the one I used to help myself. However, it is adapted to the individual, dependent on several factors, including how they respond to the previous sessions. There is a considerable educational element to it, along with physical activity which you will be well prepared for.