Hello, welcome to the De-load!
The following course was designed for a few reasons:
- To help you transition back into the world to enjoy your life, now that your journey with us at The Fibro Guy starts to come to an end.
- To help you become self-sufficient in keeping the results you have gained over the last few months.
- To give you lifetime accesses to the resources you may need as the years go by.
Whilst we are big on fostering self-sufficiency for our clients so that you can focus on living your best life with the tools you have learnt, please also note that your practitioner is always there for you at any point down the line, should you ever need them. So, please keep in touch with us and let us know how you are doing.
This Client De-load course is meant for two of our client types:
- Our clients who are Hypermobile: To help arm you with a maintenance framework to keep your joints firmly in place and to keep pain at bay.
- Our clients over 50: To help arm you with a maintenance framework that focuses on stability and keeping your body moving to keep your results.
Whilst these two client types may seem worlds apart, they are in fact closer than you may think. Whilst we push cortical mapping and function integration a lot with our hypermobile clients, to stop joint sublet/dislocations, they are also incredibly important aspects to focus on with the over 50 population.
As you grow older and retain less water in your tissues, you can experience stiffness and begin to move less, which may result in changes to your cortical maps that can be detrimental. There is also the issue that as we grow older, the hairs in our inner ear begin to stiffen and affect our balance. So, for our over 50 clients going through the de-load we will focus on a lot of the things we would focus on with those with hypermobility.
The format of the de:load will likely change over time as we add more and more to it. So, if you feel anything is missing from the de-load that you think would help you or other people, then please drop a message to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know: this way we can add it in.
This section introduces you to the de-load course
This section houses some of the educational content you will have covered with your practitioner.
The Hypermobility Hierarchy
This section teaches you how to use the Hypermobility hierarchy to create your own sessions and to know what to focus on.
Going to a commerical gym program - Foundations
- [Week 1] – Where to start
- Your log book for the gym
- What weights and reps?
- Push day – intro to the exercises
- Leg day – intro to the exercises
- Pull day – intro to the exercises
- [Week 2] – Using last weeks data to tweak our gym reps
- Adding in a maintenance session
- How to squat
- [Week 3] – Feeling the weight
- The last week of the Gym foundation
- Our current split
- [Main program] – week 1
- New exercises in the main gym program
- Introduction to kettlebell training
- [Main program] – week 2
- How to Deadlift